The Bournemouth office of Saffery Champness are looking for a Transactional Support Administrator. The key purpose of this role is to provide a professional, flexible and high standard of client service to our teams, and to the wider business where required. This role will be for 3 full days per week to cover Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
As the successful TSA, your duties will include the below. Please note that support and training will be available:
- Preparing and submitting expense claim forms for fee-earners, if requested.
- Liaison with IT support, facilities and other internal teams to ensure the role is fulfilled successfully.
- Proactively seek client information/business cards and updates in order to maintain and update client and other relevant contact details on practice management system database.
- Ensure that all electronic filing is up to date and maintained at regular intervals.
- Undertaking tasks delegated by PAs in relation to both AML and Billing, ensuring that all are carried out to a high degree of accuracy and through to completion.
- Proactive follow-up with the AML and Finance teams as required.
- Applying e-signatures to documents on request.
- Archiving and retrieving files and deeds from storage as required.
- Support other members of the team and provide cover as and when necessary to ensure that work is completed to a high standard and meets required deadlines.
- Any copying, printing or scanning required, including preparation of large files or documents (paper and electronic), including preparation and indexing.
- Organising both internal and external post, ie courier, packages and special post.
- Providing administrative support on event organisation both internal and external (badges, signage, handouts, room set up).
- Assistance with general office contracts and liaising with suppliers, and assisting with payment of invoices
- Ensuring office supplies are reviewed and kept up to date (e.g. stationery etc)
- Liaising with Facilities and organising routine maintenance matters which are dealt with locally.
- Welcoming visitors and general care attention whilst visitors are onsite (eg provision of drinks/refreshments)
- Client care: High-level experience in welcoming, supporting and welcoming clients.
- General office maintenance: managing office contracts/suppliers (with support of facilities team)
- Staff welfare: Coffee machine, stationery, client refreshments.
- Ad hoc: events, gifts.
- Billing: credit control and support.
- Assisting with staff welfare (e.g. ensuring coffee machines are in working order, milk supplies etc)
- Updating OML registers/WIP reports/ department management workflows and registers
Tax related duties:
- Tax info requests/HMRC tax returns
- Client disengagement letters/removing from HMRC agent services
- Claims, election and HMRC enquiry registers
- Check HMRC POA’s
- Trust registration annual declarations and setting up new trusts on HMRC
You will be joining an experienced and established team with the support network of TSA’s and Partners to aid you in your development.
The Bournemouth Office is located within the town centre on Poole Road. Plenty of parking is available office road less than a minute walk from the office.
The office consists of 70+ staff and 5 Partners spread across Tax, Audit and Accounts.
- The successful candidate will have previous Administration experience in a busy or pooled environment.
- Embraces and promotes the use of technology and proactively identifies opportunities to improve ways of working.
- Excellent communication, organisation and administrative skills.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills as will be required to support a demanding group of fee-earners with different levels of seniority in a calm and efficient manner.
- Attention to detail: proof-reads all work, checking for spelling and grammar.
- Proactive approach and enthusiasm to work independently and as part of a team.
- Shows a willingness to learn and develop skills.
- Should be flexible in approach to working overtime when required.
- Good level of numeracy.
- Good English language and grammar skills.
- A 21-hour working week during the hours of 9am-5pm Mon, Tues & Weds with some flexibility around the core hours of 10am-4pm
- Paid overtime or time off in lieu.
- 25 days annual leave. Pro Rota’d for Part time hours. After 5 years’ service, the entitlement will be increased by 1 day
- Contributory pension scheme (The firm will contribute 5% of salary on a matched basis with employee from their date of joining)
- Life assurance cover of 4 x annual salary,
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit-Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm. Payment is usually c£1,000. Paid in December. Pro Rota’d for Part Time Hours.
- Employee referral scheme. Assistant Manager level and below, including support staff, will attract a referral reward of £5,000, Manager level or above, will attract a referral reward of £10,000.
- New client referral scheme. Members of staff introducing a new client to the firm, have the potential to receive a referral payment of up to 10% of the first year’s total fees.
- Staff have access to health assessments, cancer screenings and health cash plans through the flexible benefits programme.
- Access to a number of additional benefits with preferential rates under the flexible benefit programme, health cash plans, health screening/GP support, critical illness cover, dental and travel insurance, Techscheme, Cyclescheme, Gymflex and a Workplace ISA.
- Paid travel expenses when working at offices other than your contracted office.
- Saffery Champness is committed to being a fully inclusive employer and have a huge focus on ED&I. Upon joining the firm, you will have the opportunity to join a number of people network groups as well as be a part of the growing ED&I network.