Our Inverness office is looking for an Audit Manager or Senior Manager to join our growing Audit and Accounts department in Inverness. This is a busy and varied role and would suit a qualified CA/ACA/ACCA (or equivalent qualification). For this role we are open to discussing the possibility of remote working with regular contact in the office. Please ask us about flexibility, and we will explore what is possible for the role.
To become part of the team providing a wide range of audit, accounting and advisory services to our clients. We can offer varied and interesting work involving client contact with the people who make the decisions.
An Audit Manager or Senior Manager in the Inverness office will have responsibility for managing a wide portfolio of clients that operate in a range of sectors, reporting directly to the Partners. The position could also involve some accounts preparation work, as well as one-off assignments and special work, as required. Responsibilities will include:
• Managing the audit process
• Managing and monitoring progress of work and budgets
• Ensuring all work is delivered on time and to a high standard
• Supervising and coaching qualified staff and trainees
• Liaison with tax team
• Opportunities to work on special assignments and projects
We provide regular technical training and soft skills development to help support your growth and progression.
We offer accounting, audit and assurance, business advisory, corporate finance, tax and VAT services. We act for businesses and individuals both in the UK and internationally. Our staff work regularly and closely with their colleagues in our other offices to provide a seamless service to clients, wherever they are located.
Our Inverness office is home to 6 partners and 51 members of staff.
The position will require a strong level of ability, commitment and flexibility. Candidates should be self-motivated, display a positive approach to work and have the ability to get things done. In addition, they should possess the confidence and professionalism to establish credibility at all levels, be commercially minded and have a clear perception of client requirements.
Education and Experience
Applicants should be CA/ACA/ACCA qualified with a good exam record and likely to have at least 2 year’s post qualification experience. The successful candidate is likely to have either an audit background or a general practice background with a focus on audit and corporate work. An excellent understanding of FRS 102 is essential, and IFRS an advantage but not essential. Practical experience of one off special assignments or technical projects would be an advantage. Systems used are Excel, Word, CCH Accounts Production and CCH Audit Automation.
- A 35-hour working week with flexibility around the core hours of 10am-4pm
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit-Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm. Payment is usually c£1,000. Paid in December.
- Working from home allowance of £25 a month.
- Eligibility for the discretionary bonus scheme. This is based on both individual performance and firm performance.
- Senior Manager Car allowance of £5,000
- Salary reviews annually in October.
- Twenty-five days annual leave. This increases in line with length of service. On 1 January, after 5 years’ service, the entitlement will be increased by 7 hours (as long as you have been a manager for 5 years).
- In addition, under the flexible benefits programme, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to five days (35 hours) holiday a year, subject to staff partner approval.
- Six-month probationary period.
- Life assurance cover of four times salary,
- Private Medical – entitled to join on successful completion of probationary period
- Contributory pension scheme (The firm will contribute 4% of salary on a matched basis with employee from their date of joining)
- Access to a number of additional benefits with preferential rates under the flexible benefit programme, health cash plans, health screening/GP support, critical illness cover, dental and travel insurance, Techscheme, Cyclescheme, Gymflex and a Workplace ISA).