Facilities Assistant (Temp) – London
The focus of this role will be to provide admin support to the in-house FM team to assist them in delivering a high standard of service to all of our UK offices. We are looking for someone who can contribute to providing a safe, secure, and comfortable working environment for all staff and visitors welcomed to Saffery.
The successful person in this role will provide assistance to the FM team in conducting a range of facilities admin duties related to office services, processing of post, statutory compliance, security, health and safety, fire prevention, contractors and service contracts, general maintenance, building fabric maintenance, environmental and sustainability initiatives, recycling and waste disposal, cleaning, and maintenance.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Function as a supporting point of contact for a variety of FM matters and escalate within the FM team as appropriate.
- Assist in maintaining the daily checklist e.g., checking lights, plumbing, kitchen areas & coffee machines, alarms & alerts.
- Responsible for stationery, printing, organizing equipment repairs, day to day photocopier functionality and user issues, storage/filing archiving and confidential waste disposal – to carry out all associated administration and organisation always ensuring a high level of customer service.
- To carry out opening of post, stamping of all post, scanning of all post, sorting of scanned post into online folders, and post franking, to assist in distribution of post/deliveries to departments, to assist in dealing with ad-hoc courier requests, and all aspects of mail services as directed – May include post collections (using mail trolley) operation of associated equipment, e.g., franking & scanning.
- To assist the FM team with meeting room set ups & set downs
- Administrative duties to include assisting in:
- raising of purchase orders/invoices
- ordering of stationery and printing consumables
- upkeep and maintenance of spreadsheets
- logging of data
- preparation of reports
- distribution of faxes
- liaison with suppliers, contractors, and the internal customer.
- Helping the FM team to make best use of all available time and actively seek out additional work in the provision of a central service to the business.
- To assist in being the face of the business, both on the telephone and in person, demonstrating a professional ‘can do’ helpful approach.
- To be happy and proud to promote the company, recognising that first impressions count and understanding the importance of high standards of customer interface both internally and externally. To ensure the post & print area is always kept tidy and presentable.
Health & Safety
- To observe the company’s Health and Safety policy with reference to remaining alert and proactive in the prevention of accidents in the workplace and ensuring the safety of visitors and employees in relation to fire evacuations, business continuity and security.
- To assist in maintaining first aid and fire marshal listings, assist with training requirements and other associated work as directed by the Facilities Manager.
- Ad hoc tasks as requested by management.
This role will be based in our London office Monday to Friday
- IT literate with a very good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experienced in delivery of FM administrative duties
- Pro-active can-do attitude
- Ability to multitask, work under own initiative and remain customer focused whilst under pressure
- Ability to work well under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Flexible approach to responsibilities and remit in a changing environment
- High level of professionalism, trust, and integrity
- Basic knowledge of H&S regulations and requirements
- Professional presentation and telephone manner
Reward & Benefits
- A 35-hour working week with flexibility around the core hours of 10am-4pm
- Agile working policy giving you the option to work from home for up to 3 days per week.
- Paid overtime or time off in lieu.
- 25 days annual leave. After 5 years’ service, the entitlement will be increased by 1 day.
- In addition, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to 5 days holiday a year
- Contributory pension scheme (The firm will contribute 5% of salary on a matched basis with employee from their date of joining)
- Life assurance cover of 4 x annual salary.
- Working from home allowance of £25 a month.
- Staff have access to health assessments, cancer screenings and health cash plans through the flexible benefits programme.
- Access to a number of additional benefits with preferential rates under the flexible benefit programme, health cash plans, health screening/GP support, critical illness cover, dental and travel insurance, Techscheme, Cyclescheme, Gymflex and a Workplace ISA.
- Paid travel expenses when working at offices other than your contracted office.
- Saffery Champness is committed to being a fully inclusive employer and have a huge focus on ED&I. Upon joining the firm, you will have the opportunity to join a number of people network groups as well as be a part of the growing ED&I network.