We are seeking an ambitious and passionate audit senior to join our audit department which provides a wide range of advisory, audit and accounting services to our clients.
Corporate staff and Partners advise businesses ranging from large multi-national corporations and landed estates to small family companies, many of which are owned by wealthy individuals. In addition to commercial companies in service/manufacturing industries, we also deal with professional partnerships, financial service companies, sports and entertainment businesses, entrepreneur’s charities and schools. The aim is to provide outstanding service in a professional and efficient manner tailored to give the client the benefit of exceptional advice and maximum added value.
We are a leading firm of Chartered Accountants and business advisers with offices in Edinburgh. Our wide portfolio of clients has expanded to include all areas of business, with a particular emphasis on private clients, charities and not-for-profits, landed estates, property funds and owner-managed businesses.
Our Edinburgh team provide tailor made services, including accounting, audit and assurance, tax, corporate finance and business advisory, for all aspects of our clients’ lives. We advise on both their personal and business affairs, as well as assisting at all phases of wealth generation, preservation and succession.
Our Edinburgh office is based in Edinburgh Quay, within walking distance of the city centre.
To become part of the audit department which provides a wide range of advisory, audit and accounting services to our clients. Your time will split approximately 50% on audit work and the remainder on offering other professional services such as accountancy, systems reviews, corporate tax and company secretarial work.
The applicant should be able to demonstrate the following skills and behaviours:
- Demonstrate a passion for delivering quality and ensures that client needs are met, benefiting both the client and the firm.
- Defines performance measures and continuously looks to assess, improve and achieve objectives.
- Sets priorities, defines activities, gives responsibilities and plans work so that results are achieved on time.
- Seeks self-development and provides support that enables others to develop within the firm
- Works cooperatively with others, positively influences them and ensures team participation to support the firm’s goals.
- Thinks widely and laterally to identify and consider different options before determining the best solution.
- Listens to, understands and communicates confidently with others in a clear, concise, polite and purposeful way.
- Motivates self and others to succeed for the benefit of the firm.
- In addition to the above the individual should be organised and commercially minded. They should display a flexible, professional approach and have the confidence and ability to establish credibility with Partners and clients.
Audit and Accounts Team – Edinburgh
Education and experience
Applicants will be CA/ACCA qualified (or equivalent qualification) and good pass rates in the professional exams would also be expected. Professional training experience should have been broad based with exposure to a good range of clients both in size and sector in general practice or audit. Experience in preparing group accounts and auditing groups and familiarity with electronic auditing packages (eg Caseware) and accounts preparation with Viztopia would be an advantage. Experience of auditing small and medium sized companies, charities audit experience desired but non-essential.
- Annual salary market rate depending upon experience.
- We are able to offer a dynamic and varied workload and excellent prospects for progression.
- Salary review annually in October.
- Paid overtime or time off in lieu.
- 23 days annual leave. In addition, under the flexible benefits programme, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to 5 days holiday a year, subject to partner approval.
- Life assurance cover of three times salary, which you may increase to four times salary under the flexible benefits programme.
- Group Personal Pension Scheme: under the requirements of pension auto-enrolment you will be automatically enrolled into the Group Personal Pension scheme (4% employer contribution, 4% employee contribution).
- 6 month probationary period.
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm.
- Access to a number of other benefits with preferential rates under the flexible benefits programme, which include; health screening/GP support, critical illness cover and private medical insurance.