The Bristol office are looking for an experienced, professional and enthusiastic Qualified Senior, to join our audit team. Applicants must be either ACA or ACCA qualified and be able to display a commercially-minded and organised approach to client work.
This is a challenging and interesting role which will include exposure to a wide range of clients, often working to tight deadlines.
The role involves planning and delivering a complete audit file, to include:
- Audit planning section.
- Assessing audit risks and materiality levels.
- Designing and implementing testing work programmes.
- Completion of audit fieldwork, applying professional scepticism throughout.
- Clear documentation of audit findings and notes on judgemental matters.
- Recording unadjusted misstatements and management letter points and discussing these with client team.
- File completion, including summarising key audit findings for the partner’s attention.
- Review of junior team member’s work assisting in their development.
- Regular communication with manager throughout audit process
- Responsibility for budgetary control and keeping manager informed thereon.
- Key point of contact for liaising with client teams on all audit matters, as well as generally to achieve excellent client service.
- Liaising with other Saffery Champness teams, such as corporate tax, to ensure we provide a joined-up service.
The Accounts and Audit Team within the Bristol office comprises 39 members of staff ranging from directors to accounts assistants and audit juniors. The team reports to all of the partners within the office on a variety of tasks ranging from audits, outsourcing and management accounts, VAT returns, statutory accounts preparation and ad-hoc client queries.
We offer accounting, audit and assurance, business advisory, corporate finance, tax and VAT services. We act for businesses and individuals both in the UK and internationally. Our staff work regularly and closely with their colleagues in our national offices to provide a seamless service to clients, wherever they are located.
Our Bristol office is home to 6 partners and 85 members of staff.
- ACA/ACCA qualified.
- Audit experience, including planning and completion.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Client focused with commerciality awareness.
- Computer experience: Excel, Word and ideally CCH accounts and audit automation.
- Good technical knowledge including recent developments in accounting and auditing standards.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to work on multiple jobs at once.
- Ability to work in a pressured environment.
- Proactive nature and enjoys working as part of a team.
Although not a pre-requisite, it would be beneficial if you had
- Driving licence and ability to travel to client premises.
- Experience of consolidated accounts.
- Experience of IFRS.
- A 35-hour working week with flexibility around the core hours of 10am-4pm.
- Paid overtime or time off in lieu (pre-approved and only where required).
- Working from home allowance.
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit-Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm.
- Twenty-three days annual leave with an additional day added after each year’s service.
- In addition, under the flexible benefits programme, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to five days (35 hours) holiday a year, subject to staff partner approval.
- Six-month probationary period.
- Life assurance cover of four times salary.
- Contributory pension scheme (the firm will contribute 4% of salary on a matched basis with employee from their date of joining).
- Access to a number of additional benefits with preferential rates under the flexible benefit programme, which include; health cash plans, health screening/GP support, critical illness cover, dental and travel insurance, Techscheme, Cyclescheme, Gymflex and a Workplace ISA. More information will be provided on joining.