We are a looking for a bright and able individual to join the High Wycombe office as an Audit Senior. Candidates must have a pro-active attitude, relative experience and be looking for longevity within the Audit specialism.
The aim is to provide the required service in a professional and efficient manner tailored to give the client the benefit of good advice and maximum added value. The successful applicant will provide complete and efficient back up to the audit department management team and the High Wycombe office partners. This is a mixed role that will include undertaking audits and accounts work, both in the office and at client premises. When working out of the office, the role will involve overseeing a small team.
The successful candidate will be expected to have responsibility for running group audits and for accounts preparation work, to include consolidations and cash flow statements. Preparation of financial forecast models, business plans, reporting on internal controls, financial due diligence and other ad hoc projects will also be required from time to time. The role will include supervising the work of more junior staff and liaising with tax staff, the Partner and our clients, as necessary.
The role provides a good range of work for someone with solid technical skills and with a mixed background of audit and accounts work, wishing to build on his or her experience in a fast-growing office that will provide opportunities for progression.
You will be joining a team an experienced and established team with the support network of Assistant Managers and Managers to aid you in your development. The team also includes Senior Manager and Director levels, alongside a busy trainee cohort.
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant and possess a wide range of audit and accounts experience with particular emphasis on audit expertise and preparation of statutory financial statements, ideally including consolidated group accounts. Experience in charity accounting would be particularly advantageous.
Applicants will be motivated, well organised, commercially minded and have a clear perception of client requirements. In addition, they will possess good interpersonal skills, demonstrate initiative and be able to provide accurate work in a timely and cost-effective manner. Furthermore, they should display a flexible, professional approach, and have the confidence and ability to establish credibility with partners and clients. A natural team player is essential, with a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- A 35-hour working week with flexibility around the core hours of 10am-4pm
- Paid overtime or time off in lieu (pre-approved and only where required).
- Working from home allowance.
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit-Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm.
- Salary reviews annually in October.
- Twenty-three days annual leave with an additional day added after each year’s service.
- In addition, under the flexible benefits programme, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to five days (35 hours) holiday a year, subject to staff partner approval.
- Six-month probationary period.
- Life assurance cover of four times salary,
- Contributory pension scheme (The firm will contribute 4% of salary on a matched basis with employee from their date of joining)
- Access to a number of additional benefits with preferential rates under the flexible benefit programme, which include health cash plans, health screening/GP support, critical illness cover, dental and travel insurance, Techscheme, Cyclescheme, Gymflex and a Workplace ISA. More information will be provided on joining.