We are seeking a motivated and efficient Trust administrator and Bookkeeper to join and support our Accounts and Trust Team.
To provide a professional, flexible and high-level administrative service to our Trust clients, as well as day to day bookkeeping, including, but not limited to:
- Dealing with the administration of several large charitable trusts, such as arranging donations to various charities and obtaining receipts for audit purposes.
- Arranging payments on behalf of trustees and preparing cashflow forecasts.
- Preparing trust meeting papers as required.
The Accounts and Trust team is a friendly and supportive team consisting of 21 people, from trainees to Director. The team delivers exceptional quality compliance, advisory and administration services to a wide range of our Trust clients.
The Bristol office offers accounting, audit and assurance, business advisory, corporate finance, tax and VAT services. We act for businesses and individuals both in the UK and internationally. Our staff work regularly and closely with their colleagues in our national offices to provide a seamless service to clients, wherever they are located.
Our Bristol office is home to 7 partners and 85 members of staff.
The role would suit a pro-active individual, looking for a step-up into a professional, administrative environment; but with an understanding that this role involves a level of repetition which is a vital part of keeping the team operating effectively.
They will be required to have excellent communication, organisation and administrative skills and ideally will have administration experience in a busy environment. Bookkeeping experience preferred but not a necessity.
The ideal candidate should be hard working, show initiative and be self-motivated, with the ability to organise their own workload. They should also demonstrate the ability to cope with some repetitive tasks. They will display a flexible, professional approach and have the confidence and ability to communicate effectively with partners and clients. They will also be a natural team player with a positive and enthusiastic attitude and an excellent eye for detail.
- A 35-hour working week with flexibility around the core hours of 10am-4pm
- Working from home allowance of £25 a month.
- Paid overtime or time off in lieu (pre-approved and only where required).
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit-Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm. Payment is usually c£1,000
- Salary reviews annually in October.
- Twenty days annual leave with an additional day added after each years’ service.
- In addition, under the flexible benefits programme, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to five days (35 hours) holiday a year, subject to staff partner approval.
- Six-month probationary period.
- Life assurance cover of four times salary,
- Contributory pension scheme (The firm will contribute 4% of salary on a matched basis with employee from their date of joining)
- Access to a number of additional benefits with preferential rates under the flexible benefit programme, which include; health cash plans, health screening/GP support, critical illness cover, dental and travel insurance, Techscheme, Cyclescheme, Gymflex and a Workplace ISA). More information will be provided on joining.