Many people now have second homes or investments of some nature outside the UK. Whether you own personal assets or business structures overseas, we can recommend tax-efficient financial structures to suit your individual circumstances and objectives.
Many changes have been made to the tax treatment of UK residents owning overseas assets over the last few years and the analysis required to understand the rules for individuals and their assets can be complex.
We advise private individuals on the best way to purchase and own their overseas assets and can offer bespoke personal advice on tax efficient opportunities, trusts, cross-border issues, estate planning and wealth management.
Our experts can help with:
- Acquiring and disposing of overseas assets.
- Setting up or moving business structures overseas.
- Terminating businesses overseas.
- Retiring to live overseas.
- Using offshore trusts to minimise tax liabilities.
Our services include:
- Tax efficient planning, including income and capital taxes.
- Dealing with HM Revenue & Customs’ reporting requirements.
- Assistance with setting up businesses including preparation of business plans.
- Advice on arriving or leaving the UK.
- Dealing with offshore trusts.
- Annual accounts and tax compliance.
Please contact our expert team to discuss a specific issue or to find out more about the services we offer to private wealth clients.