Senior Business Manager, Cayman
With the firm belief that respect is a two-way street, it is important to me to make sure that people know they are being listened to and that their opinions matter. I value loyalty and teamwork highly and am always willing to help out to support others.
Having lived in the Cayman Islands for more than 15 years, I have found that my values, and that of Saffery Champness, align with the Cayman culture of putting people first. I strive to ensure our clients and my colleagues feel they are a part of something, while their individual ideologies and objectives are recognised and valued.
As somewhat of a perpetual student, I believe you can never learn enough and I actively seek opportunities to expand my knowledge base and skillset not only for my benefit, but for that of our business and clients. Having always been detail-oriented with an aptitude for numbers, financial services was a natural choice for me. I am ideas-led and enjoy finding innovative solutions when faced with challenges.
Drawing on over 20 years of industry experience including trust, accountancy, business development, administration and reporting, my role as Senior Business Manager is continually evolving.
I am responsible for client accounting and internal accounts, which includes ensuring our compliance with all relevant regulations. I prepare individual and consolidated accounts for our clients, tailoring our reporting to meet their needs. I also provide operational support for the office, including IT and office management.
My role includes acting as Deputy Money Laundering Reporting Officer and managing reporting requirements to ensure all deadlines are met.
As part of a small team in the Cayman Office, I am happy to extend my support outside the remit of my role to ensure we continue to deliver the highest levels of client service.
- Project management and coordination of resources across multiple jurisdictions.
- Setting up and acting as Trustee for complex STAR trust structures.
- Acting as Trustee for large unit trust structures with predominantly Asian clients. Managing key relationships between clients and investment advisors, fund administrators and auditors.
- Ensuring all regulatory requirements across trust structures are met within strict deadlines.
- Analysing data and providing financial information, and analysis, externally to clients and internally to various operational and business teams.
- Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
- Member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)
- STEP diploma in International Trust Management