For me, there is nothing more important than people and building relationships. I pride myself on being accessible and approachable for my clients and colleagues alike. I have always been a straight-talker and value the same in others; I have built long-standing professional relationships on a foundation of transparency.
Making the best decisions for my clients relies heavily on understanding the personalities within any given structure. As a natural ‘people person’, my propensity for reading a room, understanding how individual nuances play into family dynamics and my competence in dealing with contentious matters has seen me earn a seat at my clients’ family table as a trusted adviser. I consider myself a facilitator of life’s events for my clients, going above and beyond their expectations.
I am particularly passionate about educating younger generations in the family about trusts as a concept and the important of wealth protection and preservation. Trusts are vibrant, living structures and I find it hugely rewarding to support and navigate my clients in finding the best ways to meet their needs.
I am responsible for the day-to-day management of Saffery’s Cayman office. The scope of my role includes ensuring adherence to licensing and regulatory obligations, on-boarding of new clients, business development, building and maintaining client relationships and acting as an intermediary between our clients and our global network of professionals.
I have extensive experience of managing portfolios of complex, multi-jurisdictional wealth structures for international private clients, including Cayman STAR trusts, Cayman Island Reserved Powers trusts and discretionary trusts.
I was instrumental in the set-up of the Holdun Trust (Cayman) Limited, obtain a first-time trust license and building the trust company from scratch in 2015. When Holdun was acquired by Saffery Champness in 2022, I welcomed the opportunity to join an independent firm with a long-standing reputation for exceeding client expectations.
- Acting as a Trustee for ultra-high net worth families with complex US tax structures and complicated family situations
- Establishing and managing ‘Granny trusts’ for Canadian non-resident clients, including liaising with third parties in respect of tax reporting and ongoing responsibilities.
- Assisting clients with structuring of their Cayman trusts and liaising with lawyers and accountants as to a holistic approach to succession planning
- Qualified as an English Solicitor in 2007
- Member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)
- Attained the STEP Advanced Certificate in Family Business Advising