Justine heads up the corporation tax team in Harrogate and also leads a specialist hub dedicated to advising businesses nationwide on research and development tax credits.
Justine’s tax, compliance and advisory expertise enables her to offer strategic and proactive guidance to corporates and owner managed businesses at every stage of their life cycle in order to maximise their tax position, from planning the most efficient structure for a new venture and navigating through growth to preparing for a profitable exit.
She has a particular interest in research and development tax incentives and patent box relief and heads up a specialist team to help businesses identify opportunities for tax credits to support innovation and product development. Based in Harrogate, the tax incentive team works closely with Saffery’ UK partners to support clients nationwide.
- Advising new start-ups on tax efficient structures, helping new investors secure tax relief on their investments under SEIS and EIS.
- Advising clients on the most appropriate structure to meet their aims.
- Assisting shareholders realise value from their companies in a tax efficient way including partial and full exits.
- Providing tax structuring and transaction support relating to acquisitions and disposals, (including tax due diligence support, preparation of necessary tax clearances, reviewing sale and purchase agreements and advising on tax warranties and indemnities, liaising with lawyers as appropriate).
- Assisting innovative companies with their R&D and patent box claims
- Providing tax compliance services
Outside of work, Justine has a busy family life with her husband and two children. Amidst the plentiful children’s birthday parties and clubs, she continues to run and swim regularly as well as sneak in the odd shopping trip!