Liz joined Saffery Champness in 2014 and brings a wealth of experience in the charity and not-for-profit sectors to her clients, having worked with many of the largest household names as auditor and adviser.
Liz also brings broad business experience to her charity clients, from her previous portfolio of commercial clients, ranging from start-ups through to multinational groups. Since 2003 she has specialised in the charities, education and not-for-profit sectors.
Liz works with her clients as auditor and business adviser, bringing insight and pragmatic down-to-earth suggestions to trustees and senior management teams.
She chairs the ICAEW Charity Committee and is a trustee and treasurer of British Red Cross. Until June 2019 she was a trustee of Chartered Accountants Benevolent Association (CABA). She was previously treasurer of a local scout group, so has experience at both ends of the size spectrum.
- Auditing a wide range of charities and other not-for-profit organisations, including City livery companies.
- Working with trustees and senior management to focus strategically on what they are really trying to achieve for their beneficiaries.
- Advising on the implementation of the Charities SORP (FRS 102) and other Charity Commission guidance.
- Assisting clients to improve the transparency and effectiveness of their accounts and reporting.
- Reviewing internal controls and risk management.
- Acting as a sounding board and adviser on areas, from governance to restructuring.
Liz is married with an adult son. She enjoys the outdoors (including cycling, walking and gardening) and spending time with her extended family.