Martin is a partner in the Harrogate office of Saffery. He specialises in advising owner managed and complex businesses along with small public companies. He is experienced in supporting clients who are undertaking group reorganisations, both from an accounting and tax perspective.
As part of his role within the Yorkshire business community he has held roles with a number of regional organisations at board level. These have included being the Chair of a Yorkshire based property group and Chair of the Audit Committee of Leeds Trinity University.
- Advising complex businesses and small public companies.
- Providing accounting and tax advice for corporate group reorganisations.
- Assisting family-owned businesses to restructure their activities.
- Supporting families and businesses to build appropriate succession plans and structures to support these.
- Aiding in the raising of finance.
- Supporting owners to dispose of their businesses.
Martin is a keen runner and has recently completed the Abbott World Marathon Series. He describes himself as a keen (but inadequate) golfer. He lives in the Nidd valley with his wife Angela and Billy the cocker spaniel.