Martyn works with families and owner-managed businesses in different sectors, with particular focus on landed estates, farming, agribusiness and property. His clients include individuals, sole trade businesses, partnerships, trusts and limited companies. Having spent some time working in industry, he is able to bring a commercial approach to supporting what can be very traditional businesses.
As well as overseeing compliance and advising on general accounting and taxation matters, Martyn assists clients with capital tax planning, succession, restructuring, budgeting and forecasting and diversification into new investment projects.
A Chartered Accountant and Chartered Tax Adviser, Martyn is regular contributor to the firm’s client publications, also regularly writing for external publications and presenting on topical rural tax matters.
- Guiding clients on the tax efficient handover of their estate and assets to the next generation.
- Restructuring family businesses to maximise the availability of inheritance tax reliefs and to provide a more efficient operating environment.
- Advising on the structuring of different development land agreements and the tax consequences.
- Preparing detailed cash flow projections to forecast possible profit extraction, determine borrowing requirements and liaising with funding providers.
- Working with families with differing requirements and dynamics, helping them to plan for the future.
Martyn has two daughters and lives in Cheshire. Originally from Northumberland, Martyn is a big fan of Newcastle United football club, is passionate about music and enjoys playing guitar when his children and DIY are not keeping him busy.