Nick specialises in advising corporate entities on audit, corporate finance and corporate tax matters.
Nick has a mixed client portfolio that includes companies, charities and partnerships with income ranging from £1 million to £20 million. He also runs corporate finance operations for the firm’s Bournemouth office and advises many hi-tech companies on the issues surrounding research and development financing. His clients are based primarily in Bournemouth and Poole but also extend all along the south coast, with some in London.
Nick and his team are keen to be the first port of call on all financial matters, not only responding to client demands but also being pro-active when possible. The relationship is much more than just audit and accounts and Nick seeks to become the owner’s trusted adviser.
Nick has considerable experience in buying and selling family companies, having worked a range of companies on various transactions. He specialises in group reconstructions and reorganisations, having extensive experience in this field.
Nick has also worked with charities throughout his career and has significant expertise in advising and assisting not-for-profit entities.
- Dealing with tax investigations at COP 9 level.
- Purchasing new branches for an independent car parts supplier.
- Advising on the restructure of a building company, following trading problems.
- Assisting with the purchase of nursing homes for two clients.
- Advising an international charity on specific tax and VAT issues on fundraising.
- Repatriating a family trust.
- Facilitating, through valuations and tax planning, deals between shareholders for a major shopfitting business.
- Advising on the business disposal of a major local chain.
- Advising on the sale of stakes in businesses to venture capitalists.
- Advising on investments in Enterprise Investment Scheme (EIS) businesses.
- Assisting a start-up business on a wide range of issues through to its growth into a major manufacturer.
Nick is married with three daughters. His interests include travel, football and cars. He is also a lapsed golfer and a keen sport spectator, attending Twickenham for the Autumn Internationals each year.