We are highly experienced in carrying out business valuations for a range of different purposes. We use a variety of valuation techniques depending on the nature of the business, its size and its particular circumstances.
How we can help
There are often complex factors that need to be considered in a business valuation, and our thorough approach ensures these are addressed.
Valuations are not an exact science, and we have found that our experience across a range of sectors and life-cycle stages has proved to be invaluable in providing robust and relevant valuations.
Our business and share valuations services
We can provide valuations for a number of different purposes, including:
- Share or business sale – to support your valuation expectations when preparing to sell your business or commencing discussions with potential acquirers.
- Share or business purchase – an independent valuation carried out by a third party could help mitigate the risk of overpaying or uncovering potential areas for negotiation.
- Share options – to determine the market value of shares issued under approved or unapproved share option schemes, and in some cases, obtaining pre-transaction clearances.
- Matrimonial proceedings – undertaking business valuations in the capacity of an expert witness under the Civil Procedure Rules.
- Employment Tribunals – undertaking business valuations in the capacity of an expert witness under the Tribunal Rules.
- Shareholder or partnership disputes – carrying out valuations pursuant to the underlying articles of association, shareholder agreements or partnership agreements.
- Probate valuations – carrying out business valuations of shares or partnership interests for the calculation of inheritance tax.